At Waimea College we are very proud of our international students' academic, cultural and sporting achievements. You can read more here about some of our past and present students and see the universities they are attending.
- Meika from Japan studied at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia majoring in Creativity and Cultural Studies. She is currently continuing her education at Griffith University studying a Master Of Teaching - Secondary (Visual Arts and History).
- Chikako from Japan is currently studying Bachelor of International Tourism at International College of Management at Macquarie University in Australia.
- Tachi from Japan is studying International Tourism Management at Griffith University in Australia.
- Maylin from Thailand is majoring in International Business studies at Mahidol University International College, Thailand.
- Chris from Korea is studying a Bachelor of Commerce at Sydney University in Australia.
- Jade and Bright from Thailand are studying at RMIT University in Australia
- Daniel and Grace from Korea performed in the school orchestra for our school production of "Jesus Christ Superstar" in 2008.
- Sebastian from Germany plays the viola. He is a member of the Waimea College Orchestra and played in the combined schools performance (along with five other schools). Sebastian sings in the Waimea College Belle a Cappella Choir. An award winning choir, it competes in the NZ Nationals in June.
- Yuki from Japan plays the Saxophone.
- Roque from Argentina sings in the Waimea College Choir.
- Maxime from Germany has a Senior Leadership position - 2011 Language Captain. Maxime had a huge part in the Shakespeare Festival and he also directed a scene.
- Annika, Kristina and Nathalie from Germany were involved in the 2011 Stage Challenge. The Waimea college team of over 120 students won Stage Challange that involved schools from Nelson, Marlbrough and Golden Bay.
- Brian from Korea won the Inaugural Greg Wright "Spirit of basketball Award"
- Yuka, from Japan, took the Under 18, Under 21 and Open Women's Singles Table Tennis titles at the Nelson Table Tennis Championships. In 2009 she was a Gold Medal Winner in the NZ National Under 18 doubles. She also won two Bronze Medals in Under 18 Singles and Silver Medals in the Under 18 Mixed Championships. Yuka also won the 2010 NZ Nationals Under 21 Single Women's Table Tennis Championship.
- Viet from Vietnam organised a very successful International Boys Soccer Team.
- Yoona and Akari from Japan were stars of our Girls International Basketball Team.
- Janne and Konstantin from Germany were members of the Waimea College Ski Team which won the Nelson/Tasman Secondary Schools Championships and qualified to compete in the South Island Championships. Konstantin came 9th in the South Island Ski Championships.
- Amanda from Brazil was a team member in the 2009 Waimea College Girls Senior A Volleyball Team that won the NZ Nationals Gold Medal.
- Brian from Korea has been a member of the Waimea College Senior A Boys Basketball Team in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Kai from Germany was part of the Waimea College Boys Senior A Volleyball team that was placed 10th in the NZ Nationals in 2011.
- Charlotte from Germany was 2011 winner of the 100-year-old Stanley Cup at the Waimea Amateur Swimming Club. She was also a participant in the 2011 Weetbix Triathlon.
- Cynthya from Brazil was a team member of the successful Waimea College Girls Senior A Volleyball Team that was placed 3rd, winning Bronze Medals at the NZ Volleyball National Championships.