Message from the Principal
Welcome – Nau Mai, Haere Mai. Greetings and welcome to Waimea College
At Waimea College we work hard to place our students at the centre of everything we do. Our co-educational college has all the advantages that come with being one of the South Island’s largest secondary schools, yet we offer the warmth, encouragement and intimacy of a small school.
We strive to develop well-rounded, confident young adults who are equipped for our modern and changing world.
Our school has a culture where we do not rest until every student in our care is engaged and achieving. We believe that every student, every day, in every class deserves our very best effort and we strive to make sure that we live up to this expectation.
At Waimea College we are proud of our students, our staff and our facilities. We are also proud of our modern student-centred curriculum that is technology rich and responsive to the needs of our students.
Waimea College is a vibrant, and lively school. We know that student success can take many forms and all of these are valuable. Some will shine in the classroom, some on the sports field and some in the arts. An emphasis on holistic education ensures that students at Waimea College can discover and follow their passion to experience success in any field.
While providing outstanding academic education is our core business, our focus is also on developing strong citizens that will flourish in both the local community and on the world stage. Our graduates have a sense of community, and service and the ability to relate to and work with others, including those socially and culturally diverse.
We are proud that parents both locally and from around the world entrust us with the care and education of 1600 teens every day. Our school works hard to meet the expectations and deliver upon the aspirations of our community. We aspire to be the school of choice for every family in our community.
We very much look forward to meeting each of you, to developing a successful partnership with you, and to working together in the common pursuit of success for every student.
- Course Information 22-23 January 2019 for Years 12 & 13 Only22 Jan 2019Please refer to the information that has been posted home.
- Students with No Changes in Courses return to College by 3.00pm Wednesday 23 January 2019 23 Jan 2019Return course confirmation forms to the College by 3.00pm Wednesday 23 Janu... [Read more]
- Monday 28 January 2019 – All New Students & Year 9 Students – First Day & Pōwhiri & Year 13 Students 28 Jan 2019Year 9 Students & New Students – Please assemble outside the Hall... [Read more]
- Tuesday 29 January 2019 – Years 9 & 13 Students: Normal school day and start at 8.40am29 Jan 2019
- Wednesday 30 January – Year 10, Year 9 & Year 13, Special Education & OnTrack Students 30 Jan 2019Year 10 Students: Meet in the hall by 8.40am. Year 9 & Year 13 Students... [Read more]
- Nelson Anniversary Day – Holiday04 Feb 2019
- Holiday05 Feb 2019
- Waitangi Day – Holiday06 Feb 2019