Signing in and out through the Student Office:
The signing in and out process is to help us keep track of our students should there be a fire drill, lockdown etc. Students must sign in and out during the day via the student office e.g. for a dental or doctor’s appointment, trip, arriving to school late etc. These absences must be explained by a parent/guardian or caregiver. An appointment card/text, or a note from home are still the best ways to explain these absences on the day.
Where possible, it is preferable for us to know of appointments in advance, so that they can be pre-recorded in our attendance system. You can do this by ringing the attendance line, through the website or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If feeling unwell during the day:
Students must check in to the Student Office if they are feeling unwell during the day. We can then monitor them in the sick bay if needed. It also means we can contact you to make arrangements for them to be picked up. Please ensure you have spoken with one of the office staff before collecting your student. It is important that students are picked up from the office/reception area. Please do not make arrangements other than this with your students.
Trips during term time:
A reminder that if your student is going to be away for three or more days for a non-school related trip/competition or for a holiday, please contact the school in advance. For these events, please write to the Principal or email email@example.com at least a week beforehand.
- SHREK, The Musical 02 Jul 2018Come along to Waimea College’s school production of SHREK, The Musica... [Read more]
- USA Art Trip 2019 – Parent Information Evening – Tuesday 3 July 2018 at 5.30pm – Art Block03 Jul 2018
- Junior Prizegiving for Options & Enrichment, Māori & Pasifika Achievement Awards – 5 July 2018 (read more…) 05 Jul 2018On Thursday 5 July we will be holding Special Assemblies to present awards ... [Read more]
- Last Day of Term 206 Jul 2018
- NCEA Review – you are invited to shape the future of NCEA (read more re workshops and review website…) 24 Jul 2018You are invited to shape the future of NCEA The government’s review of NC... [Read more]
- Open School – Sessions 4.00pm-6.00pm & 7.00-9.00pm – 6 August 2018 06 Aug 2018Parents of current Year 8 students, we invite you to join us at our Open Sc... [Read more]
- Subject Selection Information Session – 3.45pm – 6.00pm – 8 August 2018 08 Aug 2018Subject Selection for 2019 Courses for Students in Years 11, 12 13 in 2019:... [Read more]
- NCEA Fees Due – Finance Centre due date Friday 10 August 2018 (read more…) 11 Aug 2018NCEA fees are collected by Waimea College for our students and passed on to... [Read more]
- Senior Assessment Week: Term 3 (24-31 August) 31 Aug 2018This will be held during Week 6 of Term 3 (24-31 August). On 24 August al... [Read more]