Board of Trustees
Waimea College Board of Trustees:
Nathan Davis (Chairperson)
Darren Mark (Deputy Chair – Parent Representative)
Garry Hammond (Parent Representative)
Emma Hunter (Parent Representative)
Anjela Sharma (Parent Representative)
Richard Keys (Staff Representative)
Cameron Jones (Student Representative)
Sonny Alesana (Co-Opted Member)
Scott Haines (Principal)
Diane Chapman (Secretary)
To contact the Waimea College Board of Trustees, please call, fax or email Diane Chapman (Secretary):
Tel: (03) 544 6099
Fax: (03) 544 1052
Welcome to Waimea College and the Waimea College Website from the Board of Trustees.
The Waimea College Board of Trustees’ role is to provide a governance overview of Waimea College and ensure all the legal and compliance requirements, as stipulated by the Ministry of Education, are adhered to and enhance student learning. The board also receives and monitors reports on student achievement and curriculum relevance against which we overlay the community expectations and requirements. The current board is a dynamic mix of members with previous board experiences and new perspectives that continually challenge the status quo.
The role and position of Waimea College within the wider Richmond and Tasman communities are continually cemented with the enormous amount of positive feedback received from parents, caregivers and whanau of our students. Also cementing this position is the continual focus on community engagement provided by Waimea College through the many avenues open to the staff and students. Without the support of the parent/caregivers and whanau of the Waimea College students, the College would not be able to operate as effectively as it currently does. Education can be likened to a three-legged stool, whereby the staff, students and families/caregivers/whanau are the legs required for balance. Without the full support of all three elements the education process is prone to “tipping over”.
As a board we certainly appreciate the extra lengths our staff goes to, to provide the quality of education we as parents/caregivers now demand. The importance of support from home and the community is also appreciated and is essential to providing a consistent message that Waimea College is creating an environment for students to continually challenge themselves.
We are all proud to be part of the Board of Trustees and thrilled to be contributing to Waimea College to ensure the best possible environment for students and teachers to get the most from their days at school.
At Waimea College we encourage our students and staff to be legendary. We do this by:
- fostering a culture of academic and all-round excellence
- having our students and ourselves aim high, extending in all that we do
- students taking responsibility for their own learning
- creating a sense of community, collegiality and pride
- preparing students for the future that is yet to be written.
Board of Trustee Meeting Dates 2018: (These are held in the Seminar Room at 5.30pm)
- 11 June
- 7 August
- 10 September
- 23 October
- 26 November
Strategic Annual Plans: The Board of Trustees has recently finalised its Strategic Annual Plans. To view copies of them please click on the links below:
- Waimea College Charter 2018
- Strategic Plan
- NCEA Review – you are invited to shape the future of NCEA (read more re workshops and review website…) 24 Jul 2018You are invited to shape the future of NCEA The government’s review of NC... [Read more]
- Open School – Sessions 4.00pm-6.00pm & 7.00-9.00pm – 6 August 2018 06 Aug 2018Parents of current Year 8 students, we invite you to join us at our Open Sc... [Read more]
- Subject Selection Information Session – 3.45pm – 6.00pm – 8 August 2018 08 Aug 2018Subject Selection for 2019 Courses for Students in Years 11, 12 13 in 2019:... [Read more]
- NCEA Fees Due – Finance Centre due date Friday 10 August 2018 (read more…) 11 Aug 2018NCEA fees are collected by Waimea College for our students and passed on to... [Read more]
- Senior Assessment Week: Term 3 (24-31 August) 31 Aug 2018This will be held during Week 6 of Term 3 (24-31 August). On 24 August al... [Read more]