The curriculum at Waimea College is extensive enabling our students to formulate their own unique learning opportunities in order to provide opportunities for them to expand their vision and enjoy success. This will help them to develop positive attitudes that will encourage further study, training and life-long learning.
At the junior level the curriculum has a number of compulsory subjects from the eight learning areas of the National Curriculum. In addition, students have the opportunity to select from a range of option and enrichment subjects to complete their programme.
In the senior school, students select more specialised subjects in preparation for a career, further training or tertiary study. We aim to have our students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification. We also cater for different individual abilities and needs through our extension, support and special education programmes.
The College offers all students:
- a comprehensive range of subjects from Year 9 to Year 13 leading to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- a 21st century curriculum that is engaging & responsive to students’ needs
- Trades Academy & Vocational Pathway options
- technology rich curriculum delivery including BYOD
- additional opportunities to accelerate and extend any special abilities through our Gifted and Talented programme
- in need of additional assistance with their learning, specialised support through our student support network.
- NCEA Review – you are invited to shape the future of NCEA (read more re workshops and review website…) 24 Jul 2018You are invited to shape the future of NCEA The government’s review of NC... [Read more]
- Open School – Sessions 4.00pm-6.00pm & 7.00-9.00pm – 6 August 2018 06 Aug 2018Parents of current Year 8 students, we invite you to join us at our Open Sc... [Read more]
- Subject Selection Information Session – 3.45pm – 6.00pm – 8 August 2018 08 Aug 2018Subject Selection for 2019 Courses for Students in Years 11, 12 13 in 2019:... [Read more]
- NCEA Fees Due – Finance Centre due date Friday 10 August 2018 (read more…) 11 Aug 2018NCEA fees are collected by Waimea College for our students and passed on to... [Read more]
- Senior Assessment Week: Term 3 (24-31 August) 31 Aug 2018This will be held during Week 6 of Term 3 (24-31 August). On 24 August al... [Read more]