The curriculum at Waimea College is extensive enabling our students to formulate their own unique learning opportunities in order to provide opportunities for them to expand their vision and enjoy success. This will help them to develop positive attitudes that will encourage further study, training and life-long learning.
At the junior level the curriculum has a number of compulsory subjects from the eight learning areas of the National Curriculum. In addition, students have the opportunity to select from a range of option and enrichment subjects to complete their programme.
In the senior school, students select more specialised subjects in preparation for a career, further training or tertiary study. We aim to have our students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification. We also cater for different individual abilities and needs through our extension, support and special education programmes.
The College offers all students:
- a comprehensive range of subjects from Year 9 to Year 13 leading to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- a 21st century curriculum that is engaging & responsive to students’ needs
- Trades Academy & Vocational Pathway options
- technology rich curriculum delivery including BYOD
- additional opportunities to accelerate and extend any special abilities through our Gifted and Talented programme
- in need of additional assistance with their learning, specialised support through our student support network.
- Course Information 22-23 January 2019 for Years 12 & 13 Only22 Jan 2019Please refer to the information that has been posted home.
- Students with No Changes in Courses return to College by 3.00pm Wednesday 23 January 2019 23 Jan 2019Return course confirmation forms to the College by 3.00pm Wednesday 23 Janu... [Read more]
- Monday 28 January 2019 – All New Students & Year 9 Students – First Day & Pōwhiri & Year 13 Students 28 Jan 2019Year 9 Students & New Students – Please assemble outside the Hall... [Read more]
- Tuesday 29 January 2019 – Years 9 & 13 Students: Normal school day and start at 8.40am29 Jan 2019
- Wednesday 30 January – Year 10, Year 9 & Year 13, Special Education & OnTrack Students 30 Jan 2019Year 10 Students: Meet in the hall by 8.40am. Year 9 & Year 13 Students... [Read more]
- Nelson Anniversary Day – Holiday04 Feb 2019
- Holiday05 Feb 2019
- Waitangi Day – Holiday06 Feb 2019