NCEA Fees Due – Finance Centre due date Friday 10 August 2018 (read more…)
NCEA fees are collected by Waimea College for our students and passed on to the government on the students’ behalf. NZQA is the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and they are the government department with responsibility for qualifications. The $76.70 is the annual fee for entry into qualifications in New Zealand Secondary Schools. This charge covers the students’ entry into NCEA. The school collects this on NZQA’s behalf and must forward payment to them by a set date next term.
* The fee for most students is $76.70 with additional costs of Scholarship entries at $30 per subject.
* Foreign fee-paying students entering NCEA are charged the higher rate of $383.30. Their Scholarship entry fee is $102.20 per subject.
Please pay this NZQA fee by Friday 10 August.
If you think you may struggle with this cost the government does provide Financial Assistance. Financial Assistance for NZQA fees is available for families based on the following criteria:
- Those receiving a Work and Income or Study Link benefit
- Those with a joint family income that would meet the entitlement for a Community Services card (see http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/individuals/brochures/community-services-card.html the NZQA website http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualifications-standards/qualifications/ncea/entry-into-ncea/fees-for-ncea/financial-assistance/ or contact the school for more detail around this)
- Those with two or more children sitting NCEA (these do not have to be enrolled at the same school) where the total fees would be more than $200. If you meet this criterion but your children attend different schools, you only complete one application and submit it to the school of your first child.
Financial Assistance based on the beneficiary or income thresholds caps the cost at $20.00 per student (including any Scholarship entries) and a maximum of $30.00 per family. Parents who qualify for assistance based on having multiple children enrolled in NCEA will have the total maximum cost per family capped at $200 (unless they qualify based on income or beneficiary criteria). Financial Assistance is not available for international fee payers.
- There is also the possibility of paying off the fee throughout the school year. Please contact the Finance Office for more information.
Financial Assistance application forms are available at the Finance Centre. They can also be downloaded from the NZQA website: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/qualifications-and-standards/qualifications/ncea/Application-For-Financial-Assistance.pdf
If the fees are not paid to the school before the set date, then they must be paid directly to NZQA. This could result in a late fee of $50, on top of the $76.70.
If you have any questions or require any more information please do not hesitate to contact me at school. There is also information available on the NZQA website www.nzqa.govt.nz .
Monique van Tiggele
- NCEA Review – you are invited to shape the future of NCEA (read more re workshops and review website…) 24 Jul 2018You are invited to shape the future of NCEA The government’s review of NC... [Read more]
- Open School – Sessions 4.00pm-6.00pm & 7.00-9.00pm – 6 August 2018 06 Aug 2018Parents of current Year 8 students, we invite you to join us at our Open Sc... [Read more]
- Subject Selection Information Session – 3.45pm – 6.00pm – 8 August 2018 08 Aug 2018Subject Selection for 2019 Courses for Students in Years 11, 12 13 in 2019:... [Read more]
- NCEA Fees Due – Finance Centre due date Friday 10 August 2018 (read more…) 11 Aug 2018NCEA fees are collected by Waimea College for our students and passed on to... [Read more]
- Senior Assessment Week: Term 3 (24-31 August) 31 Aug 2018This will be held during Week 6 of Term 3 (24-31 August). On 24 August al... [Read more]